Flatbed trailers can be used to transport various bulk goods. The flatbed trailer has no side walls. The goods must be well reinforced to prevent them from falling during transportation and causing unnecessary losses. This article will introduce you to Tips For Secure Strapping Of Loads On Flatbed Trailers.
Table of Contents
Why is effective and safe strapping important
This is because strong strapping will firmly fix the goods on the loading platform to prevent the goods from falling. The fixed goods will not shake back and forth to avoid damage. This is especially important when transporting fragile goods. Safe and effective strapping will improve transportation safety. It will also indirectly protect pedestrians and vehicles.
Lashing equipment and tools
Commonly used lashing equipment and tools include ropes, cables, straps, buckles, lashing rods, and covers. These tools are essential for securing goods. For example, when using ropes, pass them through the fixing holes on the bottom of the flatbed truck. Use the ropes to fix the goods on the flatbed trailer.
Basic principles of safe bundling
When using ropes to secure items, pay attention to the fact that the tension of the ropes should be moderate and not too tight. This is to avoid affecting the driving stability of the flatbed truck. When using a pressure plate to secure the loaded items, place the pressure plate on top of the loaded items. Adjust the pressure plate to ensure that it tightly presses the items. This prevents them from shaking or falling while driving.
First, we should distribute the goods reasonably according to weight and size. Then, stack them to maintain the balance of the vehicle. Secondly, fragile and dangerous goods should be placed separately, marked and isolated. In addition, the stacking of goods should be kept neat and orderly. This prevents tilting and sliding during transportation.
Bundling tips and methods
1. Half knot. The simplest way is to pull one end of the rope around in a circle, then step over the rope and pass through the circle.
2. Figure 8 knot. Pull one end of the rope around in a circle. Then, pass the end of the rope through the bottom of the rope. Finally, pull the end of the rope through the circle and tighten it to complete the knot.
3. Flat knot. Pull one end of a rope to form a circle, with the head of the rope parallel to the main rope. Then, take the head of the other rope and pass it from the bottom. Wrap it up and pass it through the circle. Then, tighten it. That’s it.
4. Shrink the rope knot. This method can be used when a rope is long, or when part of the rope is frayed. First, arrange the rope into three sections. Then wrap the two ends of the child around the two parallel sections and tighten them.
Regulations and Compliance for Safe Strapping
1. Refuse overloading and overloading. Overloading and overloading seriously affect vehicle safety. They are also prone to accidents such as rollovers. If the bundling is not secure, it is easy to cause the goods to fall.
2. Before tying, check the rope for wear, tear, kinks, and other problems. Also, check the firmness and tightness of the rope.
3. When tying, avoid excessive twisting to prevent strengthening the friction between the ropes. This can result in rope wear and failure.
4. When the tying is completed, the operator must test to detect if the item is firmly fixed in place. If it is found to be loose or tied loosely, the degree of tying needs to be readjusted.
Things to note during loading
1. All staff must wear labor protection equipment by regulations. They must also operate in strict accordance with relevant specifications to ensure the safety, effectiveness, and reliability of the entire process.
2. It is necessary to regularly check whether the carriage board is deformed. Perform timely maintenance to ensure normal work development and workers’ safety.
3. Try to follow the principles of gentle lifting and gentle handling. Do not cause unnecessary damage due to rough construction.
When loading items, ensure their stability, and prevent shaking or falling. And while driving, you should always pay attention to whether the loaded items are secure. If you find any looseness or shifting, you need to stop and adjust immediately. Fixing the items loaded on the flatbed truck with the correct method ensures the safety of the items and makes driving safer and more stable.